Maybe I am not the luckiest person in the world, but I might win some prizes along the way, according to the site! Stranger things have happened.
So, here is how this challenge works:
Step 1: Go hiking. There are 14 places around Connecticut that count:
- Norfolk: Dennis Hill State Park, Dennis Hill Pavilion, Route 272
- Groton: Fort Griswold Battlefield State Park, from the top of the monument, Park Ave.
- Norfolk:Haystack Mountain State Park, Haystack Mountain Tower, Route 272
- East Hampton: Hurd State Park, Split Rock Vista, Route 151
- New Milford: Lovers Leap State Park, Scenic Vista along Falls Mountain Trail, Grove St.
- Kent: Macedonia Brook State Park, Scenic Vista, 159 Macedonia Brook Rd.,
- Goshen: Mohawk Mountain State Forest, Mohawk Scenic Vista, 20 Mohawk Mountain Rd.
- Litchfield: Mount Tom State Park, Mount Tom Stone Tower, Route 202
- Voluntown: Pachaug State Forest Chapman Area, Mount Misery Overlook, Route 49
- Stafford Springs: Shenipsit State Forest, Soapstone Mountain Observation Tower (currently closed).
- Hamden: Sleeping Giant State Park, Stone Observation Tower on the Peak of Mt. Carmel, 200 Mount Carmel Ave.
- Southbury: Southford Falls State Park, Fire Tower, 175 Quaker Farms Rd., Rt. 188
- Simsbury: Talcott Mountain State Park, Heublein Tower, Route 185
- Hamden: West Rock Ridge State Park, Scenic Vista by the Upper Pavilion, Wintergreen Ave.
Step 3: Email photos of at least 10 locations above to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them (no thanks). Info must include your name and home address.
Step 4: Wait to see if you won! Winners will be announced 1/1/16.
More info on the DEEP site: