Monday, April 9, 2018

Catching Up Over Coffee - June, 2017 at Two Wrasslin' Cats in East Haddam

My sister and I decided a while back to meet up once a month at a different coffee shop in Connecticut in order to catch up and see the state. This blog series serves as a review of the coffee shops we visit. 

June, 2017 - With all of the wedding prep, my sister and I saw a lot of each other between January and May of 2017, so we took a bit of a break from our regularly scheduled coffee dates. Before I go over seas on my honeymoon, I wanted to make sure to get one more coffee trip in with my sister. 

This time, we decided to visit a place that I just knew we would both love as soon as I heard the name, Two Wrasslin' Cats in East Haddam. 





I read about their story online, sent my sister a link, and then we immediately made plans on when to meet. It took each of us about an hour to get to from our respective homes, and boy was it worth the trip! Not only was the coffee delicious, the food was too, including the ice cream! 

My sister and I ate our food inside at one of the many tables and chairs. The cafe is built inside an old house, and so it feels as if you are eating at a friend's home. Up the small ramp to the left of the counter, we found three or four small rooms that were filled with an eclectic mix of furniture. Every wall and the ceiling was covered with decor, mostly of the feline sort. 



After we finished our food, we went back up front to order ice cream, which we then took with us outside to the back yard where we found a fountain, a small patch of grass, and some trees. We had the yard to ourselves the whole time we were there. It was a nice day, but not a great day, so I could see why it wasn't as busy as it should have been. 

On our way out to the parking lot, we saw that even the concrete sidewalk had been cat-ified:



I believe my sister has already been back to this cafe with some friends of hers. I know I'll be back the next time I go to a show at Goodspeed Opera House, which is less than a mile down the street from Two Wrasslin' Cats

---

This post is one in a series of monthly posts. If you are wondering why I am writing this series, head on over to Catching Up Over Coffee to read the explanation. 

Then, check out the other places we have visited so far: 
Catching Up Over Coffee - February 2016 at Focaccia's Cafe in Shelton
Catching Up Over Coffee - March 2016 at Half Moon and Mr. D's in Wallingford
Catching Up Over Coffee - April 2016 at Cheshire Coffee in Cheshire
Catching Up Over Coffee - December 2016 at Caffe del Mondo in Southington 
Catching Up Over Coffee - January, 2017 at NIX in South Windsor

No comments:

Post a Comment