Monday, April 4, 2016

Catching Up Over Coffee

My youngest sister and I are 9 years apart and live an hour away from each other in the same state. We have just a few things in common. One of them happens to be coffee. 

At the end of 2015, we decided to be more proactive in our relationship. Between the age difference and the miles between us, it was very easy for us to go months without speaking to each other. We were each living our own lives in our own little worlds and not working on our relationship or making it a priority.

I started this post by saying my youngest sister and I... which would rightly imply that I have another sister. In fact, I have another sister and a brother. My other sister just had a baby, which is a naturally good reason for us to see and talk to each other. My brother and I have been in touch regularly and have a common interest in tech.

With so many of us in my family and so much always going on, I decided it was time to focus on my relationship with my youngest sister. One day late last year, she mentioned that she liked coffee. We started talking about coffee and cafes and realized that we finally had something in common. I suggested that we travel all over our home state of Connecticut, and visit a coffee shop once a month. We would get to see the state and catch up with each other while sharing our shared love of coffee. She loved the idea, so we picked a date in January to start.

I decided that I wanted to blog about our experience and the different coffee shops and towns that we will visit, so here it is! This blog will focus on the coffee shops and towns and not so much on our relationship because that is our business.

As we visit more places, I will keep the updated list with links to the individual posts here.

January at The Landmark Cafe in Manchester, CT

February at Focaccia's Cafe in Shelton, CT

March at Half Moon Coffee House and Grille and Cafe in Wallingford, CT (and Mr. D's)

April at Cheshire Coffee in Cheshire, CT

December at Caffe del Mondo in Southington, CT

January at NIX in South Windsor CT

June, 2017 at Two Wrasslin' Cats in East Haddam, CT

October 2017 at J Rene in West Hartford, CT

April 2018 at CBBG Dessert Bar in Watertown, CT 



No comments:

Post a Comment