Thursday, April 14, 2016

Catching Up Over Coffee - February 2016 at Focaccia's Cafe


My sister and I decided a while back to meet up once a month at a different coffee shop in Connecticut in order to catch up and see the state. This blog series serves as a review of the coffee shops we visit. 

February, 2016 - Since I visited my sister in January, this month she drove down to my hometown for our monthly coffee meetup. We were originally planning on checking out this new place downtown, but she was running late and they were closed by the time we got there around 4 p.m. on a Sunday. I don't know why they close so early on a Sunday, but they are new, so maybe they are short staffed.

Anyway, we ended up going to one of my favorite coffee places, Focaccia's Cafe in Shelton, CT. I visit at least once, but usually more like three, times a week. This visit, however, was special. Instead of just getting a regular coffee, I ordered the Focaccia's Caramel Macchiato. It is a little more pricey than the rest of the coffee offerings, but it is so worth it. Here is a picture (after I had a few sips):


See the layers? See that handmade whipped topping? See those bubbles? Each bit is so good. This is a drink to savored.


I got right to drinking my coffee before I realized that I didn't get a picture of my sister's drink! The pic above is both of our drinks and the cup for the homemade chips that Facaccia's gives out with every meal. Everyone raves about the chips! 

My sister's coffee was very tasty too, but for the life of me, I can't remember what it was. I tried going back and ordering what I thought it was, but it didn't taste the same. I guess I will just have to keep going back!

Once my sister and I finished our drinks and our conversation, we headed to another favorite spot - Peachwave Frozen Yogurt for some dessert. It was a very nice afternoon. If you ever find yourself in Shelton, CT, I highly recommend stopping into Focaccia's Cafe for a coffee and/or a meal.

----

This post is one in a series of monthly posts. If you are wondering why I am writing this series, head on over to Catching Up Over Coffee to read the explanation. 

Then, check out the post from January, 2016: 

No comments:

Post a Comment